Saturday, May 30, 2009

That feeling for my sister - chronology of events

1989.... Her day starts off with a bunch of newly formed, little fingers trying to hold on to whatever is right in front of her. Her big, brown eyes twinkling, trying to digest all that the world has to offer them. A red ball, a flying paper, the hair on somebody's leg, all seem amusing to those little pearls of joy ! Everything is a new story, everything is something that brings up a smile. A wierd hyena type noise fills up the room every time somebody lifts her up and tosses her in the air ....


1992.... her first haircut, dad is holding her. "No worries," he says. "She's a fighter, not like you. You cried like a baby when you had your first haircut !" (By the way, I WAS a baby then ! ) Then suddenly, a round face under a cricket cap that umpires wear , seems to move. "Daddy, I want wallipa (lollipop). I did'nt cry." 10 mins later 3 musketeers armed with 2 ice creams and 1 wallipa ,1 esctatic,1 shamed and 1 who didn't care about anything other than the wallipa walk back home.


1996.... captured fully in a photograph. Two shirtless siblings sitting on chairs are enjoying ice-creams. One has orange icecream all over his body and she is the poster girl for chocolate ice-cream. The ice cream stick looks like a huge baton in her hand..... Cutest fingers ever ..... But I was jealous of the fact that you were the apple of everybody's eyes. That people thought you were far cuter and that you got everything you wanted.... It led to us fighting every time.....


2001... We realized that for the first time we can have the same opinion on something. Two siblings who used to fight with each other for everything , came together in grief, we lost our grandma. We knew that keeping the family upbeat was what was the order of the day and I am amazed at the level of maturity you showed , sister.........


2010 and still continuing...... You are a strong, mature and good hearted woman. For me you will be the kid, but I ll try to get around that. I wish you all the best for the future and only hope that whatever happens , we'll be there for each other... God bless you kiddo.........



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tussi to meri ankhon me assu la ditte...hehe.nice one man...now i am thinking of writing same but i have 2 sisters...and my expereinces r not that great lol......

Nice Post buddy

Kenneth said...

Sometimes I had a sibling so I can atleast think of words like these...well written

Over the top said...

@vinny2cool : Sirji, koi nahi, behne toh behne hoti hain ! Thanks a ton yaar.

@Kenny : Yeah thats true , I guess you'd have to live it to believe it! I'm super glad you liked it !

Unknown said...

wallipa fr me too !