Thursday, December 25, 2008

The 'I's need eyes ...... !!!!!!!!


" Thank you so much, it was a pleasure interacting with you !
" Meeting done. I leave the Times of India Building at CST. Normal .Walk with my friend up to the parking lot and talk about how fucked the day was. Jokes about women, children, bull shitty clients, my boss follow. I call up my friend who used to work at the same place I just visited, badmouth him. All normal. Take a cab ride up to Churchgate station, its close to 6:50 pm then. Read the indicators, being pushed and shuffled around, make my selection, board a train and head home. Everyday scene, fight for a seat, sit and go home, reach tired. Normal still. Then I switch on the TV, my hands turn cold, terrorists , people being held hostage, news reporters, cameramen, running behind whatever they can get , nobody knows whats going on, nobody knows what hit them. The funny part is , we still don't..............


Three days plus done, the terrorists now eat dust and lay dead. The commandos did a great job, everybody ecstatic..... Yippee !!!! But we are still misinformed , we're still sitting ducks and tomorrow if any other mother-fucking zealot thinks he can screw our much talked about "secular" fabric, the fact simply is , he can !!!!! Period. And then you, me and every educated , but still ignorant fool will still blame the politician we see on TV or know the name of.


Why ? Because we are a democracy, because everybody has rights, everybody has an opinion. Every orange clad, or green clad or whatever clad god-man can come up to a dais and spread hate. Whats more, people listen to them. Whats more, politicians allow them.Whats more, we begin to hate each other because of the food we eat, because of the dress we wear, cos of the language we speak, because of the freaking state we belong to. Then we have them smart, sophisticated MBA newsreaders on TV who call people from various walks of life for an opinion and don't let them say a thing, but have time for their, " But, but, buts, no, no, nos ........ and we're really out of time". They air commandos moving in to strategic positions to clear out areas in terrorist-hit locales, real time. The terrorists for god sakes had satellite phones, didn't these assholes ever realize that they might have the intelligence to switch on a TV and watch ? So much for a responsible media.The average middle class bugger wants to light a candle and show solidarity . Good, but the asshole sitting cozily in his 2 BHK flat won't vote , but will blame the politician for the roads, for the freaking corruption plaguing our system and still pay the policeman a 100 to let him go scot - free. We don't know what constituency we belong to, whose collar needs a grabbing if your " civic problems" aren't solved, but ask the average guy on the road, "Who is responsible ?"and pat comes the answer - "The politicians." Why, because "Civics" was worth bloody 20 marks out of a 100 mark paper, why should we have cared ? Well those gun wielding zombies gave us a reason and a bloody good reason at that. But that doesn't mean that the politicians were at no fault at all. No sir, no way. Even when the operations were still going on, shameless politicos reached before hand to abuse the government manning the crisis and to show the cameras that they were there at the right time, when it mattered - just like the terrorists did, to show us we're weak, we can't do anything but be beaten. Hell,they are so progressive in thought that even directors were given a place for their creative juices to flow - the disaster may provide them inspiration !!! Oh and not to mention some of them also thought and said - such small things always happen !!!!! Are YOU kidding me ? Are YOU mocking all those who lost their kids, moms, dads, aunties, uncles, brothers , sisters, those who cried blood ? Are you freaking kidding India ? 60 plus years of independence for this ?

I am also equally responsible,I am also a huge part of the problem, because I might write but when you have to clean a gutter , you have to go into it first and I won't get in.What I'll do is - talk about it and light candles. My job is to blame. My job is to be unconcerned. Its so easy to do anything in Mumbai , because even if my neighbor sits and devises things that can kill, hurt and finish humankind, I'd never know. I am so busy, so absorbed in the rat race to live that somewhere down the line I stopped being aware. I stopped realizing that sitting on problems don't make them go away to some magical land, but come back bigger, complex and stare me in the face so close, to a point where I can't do anything , but be hurt, raped,abused, and killed. I won't evolve. I won't budge. But the time has come now for the 'I's and the 'We's to open our eyes to the reality that stalks us, like a predator out to kill, to devour us, devour India and all that we fought to painstakingly build,admire and cherish ..............

Today I will make a promise though.......I swear to standby , be more aware, take part and protect whats mine, whats yours and every Indian's ...... A progressive, mature,strong, calm, peaceful and forgiving India ........My India, Our India . Pile them up, give me your hands, blood brothers and sisters !




4 comments:

TheGurlWithTheCurl said...

yes... this is an "I" opener...
"I" promise too... coz this country is mine too... :)

love to read ur stuff.. always..
tc

Over the top said...

Rosh :

Like I've said before, you are the best!!!! I'm glad you liked it !!!

Luscious Sealed Lips said...

A post full of frustration and strong emotions.

But are we really in the position to do something? What is the change that we want? And how do we as an individual contribute?

Questions which are left unasked unanswered.

Kisses.

Over the top said...

Heyya luscious,
Thanks for your comment.
You are right, seems unasked, unanswered .....but lots can be done,some egs:
1. Stop corruption at our levels.
2. Don't tolerate injustice to us or anybody else ever.
3. Voice out opinions.
4. Most importantly , Love our own kind.